New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Monday, July 15, 2013

Mixed Berries Almond Cake - Berry #1


This cake is quick to do and easy to eat.

I am in love with cakes made with almond meal. It is moist and delicious with a beautiful tender crumb.
The recipe is adapted from Tartelette’s poached pear cake and I have previously tried it before and it was like she said, slightly pudding-like. I reduced the cream this time, it was more cake like and everybody loved it.



I tend to have left over berries from bakes, a bit here a bit there and so I freeze them. This cake is perfect if you want to finish off those bit of here and there.

I have used the same base a few times and I am in love with the one with mixed berries. I hope you like this as much as we do.





Mixed Berries Almond Cake
The basic cake recipe is modified from Tartelette 

40gm butter
100gm sugar
2 eggs
125gm whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
100gm almond meal
35gm all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 heaped cup of mixed berries (fresh or frozen)

1. Grease a 9 inch baking dish or 6pcs 150ml ramekins or 3 pcs of Daiso baking dishes (Daiso’s baking dish are approximately +/-300ml capacity). Preheat oven at 160(fan)/180C. (the 9 inch pan I suggest 150(fan)/170C)
2. Mix almond meal, flour and baking powder together until well blended. Set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar for about 1-2 minutes then beat in eggs, one by one. Beat in vanilla extract. Put half of the almond mixture in and beat on low speed until well combined and beat in the balance of almond mixture. Put in cream and beat on low speed until well combined.
4. Scrape the sides with spatula and pour the batter into prepared baking dish(es). Top with berries.
5. Bake until golden (9 inch 35-40 mins, Daiso 25 mins, Ramekins 15-20 mins)




I can finish up one of these, easy peasy!












19 comments:

  1. That looks so pretty! I like how it uses almond meal and very little flour!! It will be a winner for sure in any household. I also like the little ramkins from daiso.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow cakes with berries are so attractive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Berries always makes any desserts look really good! I wouldn't mind the pudding version too else I may even add more calories to this one and whipped up some hot creme anglaise... hehe...beautiful dessert and looks so easy to make.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! Definitely trying this out because it has both yours and Tartlette's praises!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi wendy...

    The cake looks delicious n pretty... I would like to try it this week..Just would like to ask abt the berries.. Did u wash it before use? If frozen, just use it directly? Any issues on moisture seeps into the mixture? Thanks..

    Radha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wendy,
    This cake looks so pretty and delish!!
    I have some almond meal in the fridge. Would like to try the out too.
    Thanks for sharing!!

    mui

    ReplyDelete
  7. Radha,
    Wash the berries before you keep them. Let them air dry, then freeze them. No need to wash again.
    as long as you don't thaw them before use they are fine. Fresh or frozen berries will moisten bakes.
    The only fresh berry in this bake was the strawberries, the rest were frozen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks wendy... I did yesterday for supper. It was delicious and loved it.. Thanks again..: )
    Radha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Wendy, may I ask, what brand of whipping cream did you use for this recipe please? Thank you in advance ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm, this cake looks wonderful! thanks for this delicious recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely cake. Love those mixed berries. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Strezzy,
    Any brand will do. Mine is with 35% fat content.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Wendy,
    Is this cake best eaten warm or can I bake it the day before serving?
    Jaynelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jaynelle,
    I love it warm, and it can be easily reheated with the microwave or a quick bake in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can I prepare the cake batter, put them into the fridge and then take it out, top with the fruits and only put them into oven? Jaynelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jaynelle,
    Although I don't understand why you want to do that, but for me, I'll get the whole thing done, chill and reheat when it's time to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Wendy

    Is almond meal known as almond powder ?

    ReplyDelete
  18. All purpose flour is plain flour ?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...